Project: Next Generation Website Redesign of Washington.org
Client: Destination DC (Formerly WCTC)
Project Background: Although the project was part of a major organizational re-branding campaign, the website re-design and development project needed to address the following:
- Increase demand for Washington, DC as a travel destination for leisure and conventions.
- Increase site traffic (from current monthly average visitation of approx. 500,000) by developing new audience segments and motivating repeat visitation.
- Increase conversions and generate more bookings through ARES booking engine in concert with WCTC promotions.
- Increase user registrations for WCTC's consumer e-mail database (~122,000 e-mail addresses).
- Enhance usability and provide more "sticky" content to increase visitors' length of stay and expenditures in the city.
- Firmly establish washington.org as the trusted source for Washington, DC travel information.
Solution Provided by DataNet:
- Designed a "new-generation" website that included rich media content on a commercial grade Content Management System (CMS), integrated to the ARES reservation system, D3000 customer relationship management system, and The Map Network maps of Washington, DC.
- Section 508 Compliance
- Deployed Multi-language content
- Created a feature-rich website from content and commerce perspective
- Added Web 2.0 capabilities that include user generated contents and some desktop applications for marketing and campaigns to make the site "sticky" for visitors and create online communities
- Currently in the process of enabling the "wireless" and PDA accessible version of the website.
Special features of the Project:
- Navigation designed for 3 types of customers
- Community Features
- Well defined SEO strategy
- Rich Media
- Content Translation and Multilingual Support
- Content Aggregation
- Content Tagging
- Ad Serving