Project: Website and e-Docket Filing System
Client: DC Public Service Commission
Solution Provided by DataNet: The DC Public Service Commission (DCPSC) regulates electric, gas, and telephone companies in the District by functioning as a quasi-judicial agency. The Commission Staff is made up of 68 persons which includes three Commissioners.
DataNet developed and deployed a web portal that seamlessly transitioned and integrated the Commission's business model with the website - an e-Business model, in line with the District of Columbia Government's vision of retooling current business model effectively for the e-Government business arena.
- Section 508 Compliance: DataNet's Web site accessibility verification, repair and monitoring software solutions enabled DCPSC in achieving and maintaining accessible content on the agency web portal, in compliance with Section 508 standards and W3C Priority 1-3 accessibility guidelines. DataNet's solutions helped DCPSC develop long-term strategies to achieve Web content accessibility. The accessibility suite included complete HTML Validation custom and standards based testing. Complete solutions providing Test and Repair for:
- Accessibility & Usability: Section 508, Complete WCAG, CLF.
- Privacy Issues for Section 208 and All other Privacy Guidelines.
- Validate for compliance with Searchability, Custom Quality Standards and guidelines required for organizational compliance.
- Validate all content including but not limited to: HTML, XHTML, SVG, XML and any other text or element based content.
- Web Statistical Analysis: DataNet also developed report generation mechanisms to provide statistics on all user activity for the DC Public Service Commission's web portal. The solution provided comprehensive analysis, intuitive visualization, and interactive data that made it easier for the DCPSC to find answers and to take decisive actions.
- e-Docket System: DataNet developed and deployed a web-enabled Electronic Docket System (e-Docket) to offer the opportunity for parties to the Commission proceedings and members of the public to file documents electronically with the Commission. The system allows seamless, secure and controlled interactive access to all internal staff, Commissioners, Utilities, and members of the public. The e-Docket system integrates process management, imaging, and document management into a central electronic warehouse for complaints, tariffs, applications, interconnection agreements, data requests, formal cases, and commission orders. All submissions are converted to the Portable Document Format (PDF) with searchable text.
- DOC Application: DataNet has also developed, deployed, and currently maintains the DC PSC's Pipeline Safety Program Online District One Call (DOC) application. The application enables filers from utility companies to securely submit data such notification tickets issued by the District One Call Center, responses to notification tickets, and total damages to underground facilities. These submissions allow the DC Public Service Commission to track and analyze trends in underground damage prevention activities.